Help us campaign today for a better tomorrow!
Your candidate has been part of this community for many years, working tirelessly to make it a better place.
Your candidate knows the value of being connected. That's why they're running for this position. Help them help you.
Your candidate can't win this race without your help. Flyering, word-of-mouth, and donating are all ways of helping us achieve our goals together.
Your donation is an opportunity to be part of something bigger. Show your candidate that you have their back. Give today!
Aldermanic Beverly Miles is a long time resident of the 28th Ward. My family migrated from Clarksdale Mississippi to Chicago’s Westside, 28th ward in 1971. I am campaigning to be elected to the city council (Alderman) because I can do a better job with serving our community. I am not running to build my resume or eventually leave the place I call home. I am simply running as an average citizen fed up with the current system and ineffective alderman. Collectively we will get what we prioritize for our neighborhood as we move forward in removing our dying community off life support.
The 28th ward needs an alderman who celebrate all parties and refuse to judge anyone, an alderman who will give your concerns an independent voice, a leader who is passionate about the people in the community and a leader who is not afraid to challenge city hall regarding the substandard care our community is currently undergoing. The 28th ward also needs an alderman who is proactive and responsive to the needs of the ward, a person who is visible- approachable and solution focus. I am that alderman unencumbered by political connections and influences. Borrow me for the next 4 years, I work for you and I am your independent voice. Join me as we walk these MILES together and make history like never before.
Veterans Administration, Hines Illinois (Present)
Cook County Health and Hospital System
United States Disable Veteran
United States Army (Retired)
Major Beverly Miles for Alderman 28th Ward Chicago 2019
1) Communication Transparency:
· Remain visible and approachable
· Create a community based advisory board
· Communicate any and all changes effecting our community in a timely manor
· No decision will be made for the community without consulting the community
2) Create a safe neighborhood:
· End Car Jacking
· Re-open Community based mental
3) Health Centers
· Create more income based substance abuse diversion programs
· Restore people less homes for homeless people
4) Property Tax Freeze:
· No more property tax increase
5) Re-open closed schools:
· Create an Elect School Board
· Bring more attention to math, science, technology and performing art programs in our schools
· Restore vocational programs in our high schools
· Bring back truancy officer
· Advocate for a standalone community vocational program (Everyone is not college bound)
6) Economic development:
· Create community based businesses own and operated by the community
· Fairness in minority city contracts and job
· Expand second chance programs
· Vote TIFF monies not only remains in the 28th ward but distributed equally throughout the city of Chicago
7) End Police Abuse:
· No more Laquan McDonald’s Cover ups
· I support a Citizen Review Board to handle Police Shooting
Sign up to receive updates from the candidate on the trail!